they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

what I think of...

marriage... someone asked me today, when is a good time to get married.. my friends.. I know thats probably a weird question to be asking.. but I its true i think that would me our next "barrier". Gosh! we ARE getting old... I'm enjoying my youth, my prolonged adolocense as my prof calls it. why in the hell would I want to settle down.

I meant there were many reasons we brought up about marriage inertia..

to me marriage was just a thing invented to LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT to consumate a relationship. In Singapore its the piece of paper you need to buy a HDB flat. I feel that a ceremony is in order to tie the knot, but why is the tradition such that the ENTIRE whole must know that you love someone.

i feel that commitment should be sufficient. people change and its hard to say what both partners will be like after spending many years together. If you live happily ever after, that is great. And if you don't, why should you keep staying in a relationship that is sour; just because its legally binding?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home