they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Sunday, July 26, 2009

reversal of fates

its not something I haven't heard before,
what the question had posed was not without reflection

What are the qualities in a partner that you desire?

the girls replied,

security, with a dash of confidence
smarts in not only dressing but in character
smooth yet sincere
sporty with a hint of culture
calm and collected with a splash of excitement

it would be a plus if he wasn't to bad looking too, she added with a sheepish grin.

and in a reversal of fates,

the matchmaker replied..

If there was really someone out there in this world, would he date you?

---------------------------

when thrusted into such circumstances, there is only two paths to take. At least off the bat that I can think of.
1. You either wallow in sorrow that you are never going to find someone that can meet your crazy/impossible standards. Pause a moment to let the fantacism fade. Possibly cry a little and lament the cards that you've been dealt.

2. Either that or you can think of what is it that would really attract that guy, lest the fact that he probably doesn't exist: And get out of your frumpy clothes and incessent binging, put on some mascara and heels and smile the next time you order up. Because you'll never know unless you put out a big BLOCK letter sign saying "I'm available! date me, I'm awesome"
What to do, guys can't be doing all the work yea.

-------------------------

Been talking to lots of people about dating, and everyone has their different takes. Boy! do they differ...
Some say that the BRO code is meant to be broken. other tell me that looks is more important that people make it out to be. Many people still believe in soulmates more than they do santa claus.

woei tang is cynical about life, and I keep faulting him for that. But I think I ought to shut up, I hav been so cynical about love. So quick to pick out the flaws, yet when I look at other people, I wonder why is it that others are happier than me. Gee whiz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home