they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Friday, July 10, 2009

To the importance of Security

Now that I am in my twenties, and boys have become a matter of everyday life. My most commonly asked question, is .. "seeing anyone.."

I watch friends and acquaintances fall in and out of relationships, and keep asking myself.. "Why can'tI do that too.." I do not want to, I do not really know how my weak heart could take it. But what keeps nagging at me is, "what if I don't.. " Does it mean that I am destined to commit to whoever, forever because I cannot see myself dating for the heck of it. Can I even treat a relationship so lightly. As usual,I'm guessing I am over thinking the situation.

So assuming, as usual, I am over thinking the situation. Let's slow it down. Go with the flow. And allow myself to date someone that I feel comfortable taking that next step with. Hmm. I wish it was just that simple. And everytime I think it could be that easy, a little voice inside my head ask me, could this person offer you the security that you so desperately desire.

I know strictly speaking that security is earn through self. And if you/ yourself are not able to feel secure, seeking security from external factors cannot possibly lead you to the answer you so seek. I feel secure. safe. I do. But can someone assure me that this relationship can stand the test of time, weather the societal storm. Most of the time, my answer to that falls short of a yes.

But then again, that could be just an unattainable load of bull crap that I have set myself up to fail for. I mean, this question, just liek the other question that I ask myself on a constant are focused on the flaws. Yet when I miss someone, think about someone, my thought are always focused on the good stuff.


A bunch of uswere having dinner yesterday, and I do agree with what they were saying. I wouldn't go as far to say that I don't want to get married or have kids, but I do agree that its hard to meet people. And it makes me feel like giving up on dating all together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home