they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Sunday, February 01, 2009

The social construct of marriage..

I never believe in the stuff. Though I believe in romance and butterflies. I also know that they often don't last. I am not naive to think that love is everlasting. I mean when..

You are asking me to give up my joie de vivie, for an institution that fails for as often it succeeds

Why do you have to get married "besides some burgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age that to promote a consumer capitalist agenda"

-from "Definately, Maybe"

The reasons to get married would be to reap the benefits from the gov and to decrease the social stigma on my family unit. However, do I have to be united under the eyes of the law to have a Soulmate. For the time that we do need each other, feel for each other, maybe even love each other, we can form a family. But people change, lives alter course and peoples' priorities shift. Should I need to compromise on my person?

I know this all may seem really odd. I over think things.. I know.

I am in no hurry to fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home