they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Monday, February 09, 2009

A gathering of Girlfriends..

When I talk to Minsi and Cheryl, which btw I have not seen in the longest time!!! Minsi at least 1 years and Cheryl about 6mths. It takes me back to when I was 19. Some time in March where there was too much booze and my life was a mess. But they were there.. just listening, there to offer a dime of sense.

Now almost 5 years on, and even though we no longer are the closest of friends, when we do gather together the conversation is honest, transparent and occasionally intense. It feels like a time warp, J3 us talking about our NOW problems. As if no time has lapse, as if the other things that have affected our time apart matters. It was amazing to talk to and with them and I look forward to our next lunch or coffee outting with anticipation.

And you know.. No meeting with Cheryl will ever be complete without talking about last year. It was a no holds bar conversation at the dining table. I mean They did ask why she wasn't here this year so it didn't come as a rude shock to them when we did start talking about the details. But all in all guys too are really "pah kuah" lor. I didn't intend on the entire conversation to unfold as such. But I am glad I was able to talk about it openly with Cheryl and oddly enough the guys listened with much intent and understanding.

This was not the outcome I pictured in my head when I told the story 100 times over to the figments of my imagination, but I'll take it :"). I was a worry wort with nothing more to worr about. I can look forward to many afternoon coffees and gossiping. I'm excited, jubilent that I don't have to keep it all in. That what happened is as much my responsibility and which the circumstances that I was dealth.

I figure from here on out, there are going to be people from time to time who are going to ask me WHY.. What happened did indeed happen. I've started to see it froma whole different perspective. I've been ready to talk about it. Now I know that my friends are ready to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home