they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

the psychology experiement

Anhong yesterday was talking about positive psychology. The task is, what if you were your best self, what would you be doing and what do you see for yourself..

Hmm...

Definately get in shape.. run, pilates, dance
Smart and intelligent.. read widely, pick up a series of new skills like speaking impeccable Mandarin, cook, design, pop piano. Clear up my complexion. Smile more, train like I lead camps and inspire people in the most random of manners. Get my own place, studio apartment. Minimalist/Zen. Travel. Central Asia - Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet, Khasmir. After that a Europe backpack thing. Someone to share my life with. And of course be open to it. Start a business. Wedding planning.. the irony is that I personally do not believe in the legality of marriage. I just like the exuberance of it all. I'd have crisp sheets on my bed, the energy to go running 5ks every morning. The know how to buy stocks. I'll be studying to be a dietician. Doing charity work twice a year. And despite the dreams of grandeur, evening gowns and champagne toasting, high heels and vidal sasoon hair.. at the end of the day, I think the place i'd like to be the most it lying on the couch with my special someone, sipping coffee idling the time away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home