they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

calm after the storm

angst always gives me inspiration to post.. thank got I am pursuing a career that does thrive on inspiration.

yesterday was the disasater,
and today for the first time I glimpse at the aftermath
dawn, the sun peeked out from behind the dark clouds
it illuminated the sky, for as far as the eye can see is utter devastation
from beneath the rubble, do I hear.. muffled moans
shards glisten in the sunlight
the land smells of burnt flesh
all I see is devastation

then I hear walls cave in from the far side,
from down the old street
and from under my feet
I see a hand, a man, life!
another hand, a man, Life!
with him a smile
and through yesterday's ordeal
there is still reason to smile
because I lived to tell this tale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home