they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It has easily been 5 years since I last dived. Why did I take so long? The fish, corals, wrecks, even the night dive all took my breath away.

To sweeten the deal was the company of a great friend. Thank you for singing Disney songs as we basked in the sunshine and sat with our feet dangling over the bow.

I never expected to make fast friends, something I thought I had long lost touch of.

I loved every moment on MV DiveRace. Yes, even the stomach churning, head throbbing first night where I so unglamorously puked as we bobbed through the night. The first dive after my 5 year hiatus where I couldn't /didn't equalise. Getting lost with my buddy as we did our navigation and got cuts from the coral and from slamming into the ladder as I clumsily lugged my tank and BCD from the choppy waters to the safety of the boat.

For each of those times there are memories that will stick in my mind forever. My first swim through, cliffs on either side, nooks and crannies teeming with fish and wildlife. The shoal of Barracudas that struck terror despite my tough exterior. The cute puffer fish and my scampering to see the shark.

Out of the water, the crew treated us well and I spend hours playing Monopoly deal, talking about life. All this framed by the vast ocean, the starlit sky and the love of diving that permeated everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home