they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mark the date

when I was younger, you could say I was ill-informed. Crushes and puppy love. I was won over with companionship and love notes.

But now after meeting men and dating, I never knew attraction could be on so many levels.

I'd meet someone and complain there is no chemistry, but there is physical attraction. Then again, when I do chance upon chemistry, then am I attracted to this person? I'd ask. Yet more puzzling is interests. I don't share any similar interest and yet I like this person. But what is there to do together if you have NO common interest. And when you do have common interest, yet this person is not someone that you seem to have chemistry with.

Yes, I do agree that feeling can be nurtureded, "pei yang"(ed), then again people say that its first impressions that counts. So with all these varying arguments, and all these different facets of dating, attraction and the elusive "L" word, how would you pick a mate?

stay single, celibate and own 20 cats.




Why can't guys be like those in the romantic comedies..

Sweep you off your feet, do the most impossibly romantic gesture.

you know those cheesy pick up lines in movies and the 80/20 rule of first kisses (or is it 60/40). Well, its not that it does not work on girls here, I suppose.. guys you need to be smooth to pull it off.

It either fails miserably and sends the girl running for the hills or comes out so cheesy it sets girls falling off their chairs instead of into their arms.

I've had the pleasure knowing smooth talkers that could say just about anything and still get a girl's number. And boy oh boy... if not for the fact that I know WAY too much about player past.. I would fall for it Hook Line and Sinker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home