they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Sunday, May 02, 2010

falling sick. It rarely happens to me, but I have been down with flu-like symptoms for the last 2 days and its been yucky.

to forget completely about volleyball and lay on my couch all day about it for me. All that I could muster.

Thankfully I had the new channels on cable.. Not that it was much help though.. I was relegated to watching reruns of glee, CSI and Law and Order SVU.

The world is changing, correction... my world is changing, the boys are all graduating, young men of our workforce facing structural unemployment..

From here on out sociology tells me that they succumb to class segregation. They also succumb to the sociology of the urban landscape. A rat race where the goal is accumulation of wealth. Inadvertently causing them to experience alienation and lost of social networks.. as they become defined by their desk bound computer hugging jobs.

My fear is that I will slowly lose them, and all that'll be left will be the distant memories. with each time I see them we will all have each gained 20 pounds and a hat trick of jolly stories about our dismal lives, comings and goings.

Lets just say I am 25 going on 30.. worried that my life will not mean anything. God I am worried.

Well darling.. you've got to do something about it???? but what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home