they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eat. Pray. Love.

I am reading this best seller, seen it too many times not to pick it up. Although I can't fully explain what is going on in this quirky new age divorcee tale, there are some things that really speak to me.

Though I am not in that age group, nor face the same dilemmas that Elizabeth does. There are some things that women across the board grapple with. I've met those demons too and am glad to say, that when and if we do meet again. I know your weakness. Keep at bay.

So to share my favourite page with you...

Elizabeth writes that in Italy how she deals with loneliness.


"When I get lonely these days, I think: So be lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings."




I couldn't have put it better myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home