they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Red Cliff

I walked into the theatre with apprehension, thinking to myself, have I just paid to watch an hour of senseless killing like on Troy and all the other brutal war movies.. Afterall that what war is to me. More so than politics and geographical, cultural misgivings, war is playing with the lives of men. Men who are fathers, sons, brothers to people that care and love them, people that they have to leave behind. It's not so much the fact that they have/had to scarifice to protect they loyalties. But the powerful just wanted to flex their muscle.

Yet as I watched Red Cliff, my appreciation grew for the tatics, the foresight and strategy that goes into waging a war, that success does not come to the most powerful, or the most skilled but the most dedicated and the best prepared. That in all the choas of war, there still can be reminants of order and beauty in the larger scheme of things.

It doesnt mean that I condone sending thousand of people to the frontlines, while the tyrants and strategist decide peoples' fate by pointing and pushing papers from their cushy chairs. I mean how is that any different from assisting in the deaths of all these people under their command?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home