they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Living with Scoliosis

I hate it...

Some lady told me that I should not wear hipsters anymore... Its gonna cause my condition to get worst.. "tai liang".. her words... causing my bones to catch a cold...

No hipsters!!... that I cannot come to terms with...

My ex-ray is coming up... 14 May people... marked the calender... I am deformed... and it has been simply too difficult to get it fixed.. lol Cass would tell you that I didn't even try...

face it... I'll always be this deformed... my hips are not leveled... my leg is shorter than the other.. screwing up my backbone... causing the rib rotation... Now my shoulders are not leveled... my neck curvature is outta wack...

Don't ever for a second be envious of what I have... because... what Do I have?


I can't fight this anymore... but living with it... ugh... that might be worst...

1 Comments:

Blogger Nutty said...

Hi There

I see anger in your posts and quite rightly so, I have Scoliosis too and had surgery in 1989 for a harrington rod. I have suffered as a result ever since - DDD, facet joint syndrome, flatback syndrome and quite a lot of over compensation going on there too!

I understand you hurt, fear and anger but you are not deformed - you are a twisted sister ;). I do have a greater body awareness than my friends around me and scoliosis is a part of my daily life, whether I want it to be or not but I do fight and I think you should too - change your mindset, wear those hipsters and be proud - don't let others get you down. Yes we all have our moments of weakness, I do myself sometimes but I know I have to be strong and find ways to work around my scoliosis but enjoy life as much as I can.

I started using a wheelchair and walking stick a few years back and I had a really hard time to coming to terms with that, now I put a positive spin on it and think "oh well at least I get my own seat when we go out" hehehe.

I wish you all the best and go get those hipsters on and knock em dead :)

6:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home