they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I walk the library walkway, the buckets and bouquets of roses,
all that didnt matter, in fact I thought it was quite funny

then I called andrew, even though I knew i shouldnt
like many times before it left me wanting

then the day went on and the day got tiresome
"I'm going home to spend it with my family" i repeatedly said

daddy drove me home and in a wink
I woke up to find myself home

I walked upstairs to my room like i have
everyday after school

on the table was a paper bag
i paused and thought to myself that "thats not mine"

and it hit me all at once
that baby came to drop this off

just like now
my eyes filled up with tears
as I read the card

every pen stroke plotted with love
the gifts insides weren't as important
as the fact that he had me in mind

that he planned it all out
that he gave me a sweet surprise

i know i shouldnt be crying
but I feel precious and loved

and I don't know what to say
thank you for being you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home