they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Sunday, September 27, 2009

being young and frivalous

I wonder why is it that I don't blog like I use to. The cryptic poems and far flung analogies. But, the fact of the matter is, I have moved on from there and as much as I would, wish, I'd write those. I am not in that place nor space. And its alright to evolve.

We sat and talked, a lazy Sunday afternoon
Each drowsy from the heat
a little worn from the mornings festivities
The sound of water faint in the background of our banter
A refreshing contrast from our weekly bustle and buzz
We are young, so we tell ourselves
Tired by the mid-day sun

We lay and watched the clouds go by
on an afternoon unlike any other
while others were dressed and drones
we sprawled on mat and beach
charmed by the change in perspective
lost in the mid-day heat
crashed in waves of fancy
the days of lives we lead

I still act like a kid, not thinking about earning my own keep but having fun and enjoying life. Selfish ain't it. And while others are wondering how to save, I'm thinking about when I can take my next break. Its the oddest thing.. Being happy and content. Its enjoyable yet kinda stale.. I can't do this or long I guess but while it lingers I shan't let it go to waste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home