they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yes, I'm back home. Safe and sound.

you know what tickled me the most on my travels in Siem Reap? It wasn't the museums or the magnificent ruins or the sun streaming through the foliage as evening drew.

It was shopping with my father.

He may have been married 25 years, but needs a second opinion when buying a gift. He walks into just about every other shop and asked himself, what would she like from here. And there he'll go on a spree to shop for her. He bought her scarfs, a purse, silver... lots of silver... until I had to tell him to STOP.

it was kinda silly.. kinda sweet. kinda.. OMG don't you know what she likes already?!
but just the same he'll call her every night, they'll catch up on their day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home