they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spirit

I remember when we first staged Spirit. Each rehearsal was torture!! We were in a totally different league. Most of us hadn't had the type of stage experience to bring the strength, stamina and heart to do this dance justice. Steps were crazy fast, really tough and most of all I had to dig deep to play the part.

We had to find our own story, tell it through our movement. I had to scrapped my emotional wounds till they were raw. And as I hit my mark, sometimes I wished that he could feel my pain.

It was a long time ago, so long ago that it had became a figment of my imagination. The wounds had since healed and the pangs forgotten. Or so I thought.

Then just last week Yali told me that we've been invited to perform Spirit as the prelude to Ballet Under the Stars, I was over the moon!!

But having gone for polishing and practice, when the music played and I got into the zone, it was all coming back to me.

Fingers and toes crossed for casting this week!! Ballet Under the Stars..

-------------------------------------------

When you touch me like this
And when you hold me like that
It was gone with the wind
But it's all coming back to me
When you see me like this
And when I see you like that
Then we see what we want to see
All coming back to me
The flesh and the fantasies
All coming back to me
I can barely recall
But it's all coming back to me now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home