they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Looking ahead

Footprints in the sand by Leona Lewis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d08X2lN669k

I know the vid is about the less fortunate. The hungry, homeless and the downthrodden...
listening to it, I identified.
--------------

As I listened to it, tears welled in the corner of my eyes. All this time I figured it was someone else, something that needed to change. I've come to realise it was with me all along. That the last year has been an emotional roller coaster and *pat pat* I did it, managed through the storm all on my own.. well mostly. I'm not only stronger, but capable because of it. Maybe all that did not have to happen to me, but it did. I hurt, and some pains you never quite get over. But hey, it did and though I had a rough start, the tough got going... I got going.

I found the strength to depend on me. to find my way back.. better late than never. this song helped me acknowledge my inner strength. In time of need, that when the people whom you depended on let you down or you're no longer able to turn to, that i've always got me. and thats all right.

lastly, I'll like to dedicate the song to all my friends.. babes, I know that some of you are going through rocky times. I would like to reaffirm my friendship to each of you... that "I promise you, that i'm always there..through and sorrow and despair, ... you'll find my footprints in the sand...". Come hail or high winds, I'll be there to walk with you..


with love,
zhi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home