they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

coming to terms...

I am 11, and at that age where there’s no mountain too high and I look back on make belief with such distaste. It’s a school night- a rare treat. Mom has taken us to the game arcade, its bustling with activity, everyone is so caught up in play. I trail behind my papa; I want my space. My family is three steps ahead of me, barely cause for worry, I’ll find them later. As I glance about, the crowd clears, only two scruffy grown men walking in my direction. Arms shoulder to shoulder they casually stride towards me, I feel uneasy, but to them I am invisible. His body brushes pass my tiny frame, he swings his hand down and digs his fingers into my skin and I shrink back in shock. I turned to see a smirk on his face, I’m powerless, as I force a glare. They continue on proud, accomplished slapping their backs as they walk out of sight. I am still there, where it happened in the same T-shirt that i wore that night. I remember what I wore, where i stood. The lost of control, feeling so alone; daddy’s hand beyond my reach. Did what just happen amount to anything? Do I tell daddy, would he believe me? What will he think? It lasted but only for a moment, he only touched me. I have no evidence but my brokeness. That moment, frozen in a time, which I relive from time to time.


I've waited a long time for this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home