they never say a word.. yet there is this pressure for you to conform.. but tell me? why should you.. its utter nonsense.. don't listen.. not buy into it...

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Culture Vulture

Here I am looking at my weekend. What do I do? Hmm..

Wanna watch a Dance concert - Group II (Rio), I guess I might go alone. Wanna watch a movie, which? Revolutionary Road. Huh?! What road? Only the the most potentially moving story out in theatres now on a different calibre than 17 Again I might add.

I attribute it to my awfully weird taste in culture. When others are soaking up the atmosphere of orchard road. I rather take it to the civic districts, a quiet afternoon at a corner cafe leafing through the life of victims of their fate or pacing the corridors of the path less trodden.

I crave for dinner parties and drinks after dark, evening plays and random chit chat till dawn. Then I realise that I'm in Singapore and if in Rome do as the Romans. So I take to late night hawker food and blockbuster movie. I relish in loitering the occasional mall and window shopping. I indulge in fast food and bargain hunting.

There is a life that I wish to have, the life that I lead and there is the grey in between. I like to think I am courageous enough to tread on the grey, but I often cave to popular culture. It does get lonely on the other side, it does get expensive too. Lonely mostly.

I mean there was the time that I took a couple of friends to watch a play, I drag my friends to my dance concerts. En and I took to the Lord of the Rings museum exhibits for 8 hours. I hope for that balance, actually what do I want to get out of saying all this? Maybe someone that could appreciate this too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home